The society members are a group of passionate volunteers who, through their subscriptions and fund-raisers, help to keep the society’s vision alive. We are always grateful for the support from members of the public who share our passion for preserving local history in all its forms and passing it on to future generations.
There are many ways you can help the society including:
- Becoming an individual or family member
- Donating $50 or $500 to our “Adopt a platform sleeper” campaign
- Purchasing memorabilia
- Support us on Facebook
By joining as a member you can help shape the future direction of the society an be involved in the decision making process. You will be kept updated and informed on a regular basis about all events and activities that are planned to raise funds and the profile of the society.
If you wish, as a member, you can also become involved by volunteering in any of the areas listed below:
- Assisting at the Noojee Heritage Centre
- Assisting with building and ground maintenance [working bees]
- Finance, administration, fundraising and grant applications
- Food sales and catering at fundraising events
- Marketing, advertising, publications and editorial support
- Rail track work and loco maintenance
Click on the “Download Application Form” button above and become a member today by downloading the membership application form.
Memorabilia for sale
Currently, memorabila can only be purchased on-site at the Noojee Heritage Centre.
Items for sale include:
- Historic Postcards
- Historic Calendars
- Fridge Magnets
- J Class Locomotive Mugs
- Society Pens